One of my aims is to bring the Alexander Technique to a wider audience and writing about it is one way of doing this. My publications to date include (click on link to read the article):
- MacPherson H, Tilbrook H, Richmond S, Woodman J, Ballard K, et al. Alexander Technique lessons or acupuncture sessions for persons with chronic neck pain: A randomized trial. Annals of Internal Medicine 2015;163:653–62.
- Teachers of the Alexander Technique in the UK and the people who take their lessons: A national cross-sectional survey. Co-authored with Janet Eldred, Ann Hopton, Erica Donnison and Hugh MacPherson. Complementary Therapies in Medicine 2015;23:451–461.
- Alexander Technique Lessons, Acupuncture Sessions or usual care for patients with chronic neck pain (ATLAS): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Multiple authors with lead author, Hugh MacPherson. Trials 2013;14:209.
- Evidence for the effectiveness of Alexander Technique lessons in medical and health-related conditions: a systematic review. Co-authored with Niamh Moore. International Journal of Clinical Practice 2012;66:98–112.
Peer-review book chapters
- Alexander Technique lessons as a healthcare intervention. In: Connected Perspectives – The Alexander Technique in context. pp 12-37. Editors: Claire Rennie, Tanya Shoop and Kamal Thapen. Hite Books and Publishing. 2015. ISBN 978-0-95689-974 3.
- Alexander Technique. Co-authored with Jane Saunderson. In: The Sage encyclopedia of theory in counseling and psychotherapy. pp 39-43. Editor: Edward S. Neukrug. Sage Publications. May 2015. ISBN 9781452274126.
- Is your daily commute driving you to despair? (PDF format). TalkBack quarterly magazine of BackCare. Autumn 2016 Issue; 14–15 (reproduced with kind permission).
- Effectiveness of Alexander Technique lessons for people with musculoskeletal conditions. Co-authored with Kathleen Ballard and Lesley Glover. Poster presentation at the Society for Back Pain Research annual conference, 3–4 November 2016, Preston.
- How the Alexander Technique can help you avoid ‘text neck’. TalkBack quarterly magazine of BackCare. Summer 2016 Issue; 20–21 (or click here for PDF; reproduced with kind permission).
- New hope for people who suffer from neck pain (PDF format). Co-authored with Kathleen Ballard and Hugh MacPherson. TalkBack quarterly magazine of BackCare 2015; Issue 4: 20–22. Reproduced with kind permission.
- How effective is the Alexander Technique? Relay (PDF format), The Journal of the Neuropathy Trust. Spring 2013; Issue 45: 12–15. Reproduced with kind permission.
Please note that this section includes links to PDF documents that require Adobe Acrobat Reader.